Lead Video Editor & Editing Discipline Manager
Dec 2011 – Present
- Edit documentaries, promos, developer videos, and animations for the League of Legends player community, reaching over 8 million subscribers and millions of hits per video worldwide.
- Manage the video editors and gameplay capture artists within Central Publishing for League of Legends, responsible for their professional growth and quality of work.
- Story consultant for video projects during development and post-production.
- Lead of the video editing and gameplay capture sub-disciplines, providing the larger video production team with regular creative feedback, creative and technical training, and mentorship.
- Architect, innovate, and improve the technical pipeline in post-production and worldwide video localization.
The Art Institute of California – Hollywood
Mar 2011 – Mar 2012
- Taught undergrad classes in video editing and motion graphics.
- Topics included storytelling in editing, Final Cut Pro 7, After Effects, and transcoding fundamentals.
Freelance Filmmaker and Digital Media Artist
Jul 2010 – Dec 2011
- Created promotional videos for clients, working from concept to delivery.
- Services provided: Directing, cinematography, editing, motion graphics, 3D modeling & animation, and sound editing.
Pathlight Studios, LLC
Lead Director and Editor
Jul 2007 – Jul 2010
- Created documentary and commercial work for a broad spectrum of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to government agencies and non-profits.
- Lead director and editor of film projects. Company co-owner.
Show more work history...
Los Angeles Korean International Film Festival
Apr 2005 – Oct 2006
- Executive director of the festival. Managed staff and festival logistics.
2002 – 2005
- Directing, cinematography, and editing for various clients.
Instructor and Research Assistant for Dept. of East Asian Language Studies
Apr 2001 – Dec 2003
- Lead instructor for digital media workshops and research assistant for the Korean language department and Korean Dual Language Program.
Lead Web Site Designer & Programmer for Center X Technology Dept., GSEIS
Apr 2000 – Jun 2001
- Lead web site designer and programmer.
Oct 2000 – Nov 2000
- Production assistant for the independent film Going Greek.
Web Design Intern
Jul 1999 – Aug 1999
- Programmed client web sites and helped manage projects.
- Video Editing
- Sound Editing
- Color Grading
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Modeling
- Computer Programming
- HTML and CSS
- Linux Server Management
- Apple Final Cut Pro X, 7
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
- Apple Motion
- Adobe Photoshop
- Autodesk Maya
- Avid Pro Tools
- Swift Programming Language and Cocoa APIs
University of Southern California
MFA in Film Production
2004 – 2007
Certificate in Advanced Character Animation
2010 – 2011
University of California, Los Angeles
BA in Sociology and Asian American Studies
1998 – 2003